because i’m fat: Peter Pan Bakery…
I’ve heard so much about the doughnuts at Peter Pan Bakery so I finally tried it out and it lived up to all my expectations!!
I’m now writing this post after finishing off bits and nibbles of what I ordered earlier today… I’m also watching the Food Network and there’s a doughnut challenge on… how fitting! I’d like to point out that I slowly feel my heart beating faster, my head feeling airy, and my tummy yelling at me for what I’ve just put it through #sugar-rush.
I ordered the following (in order of favorite):
- Cream doughnut with red velvet crumbs (AMAZING – definitely my favorite. The cream wasn’t too sweet and the red velvet crumbs balanced out the taste)
- Doughnut topped with cream and chocolate sprinkles (I loved this one because it was moist, classic taste, and the glaze wasn’t overly sweet)
- Coconut doughnut (I also liked the moist dough, the coconut flakes were just right, although I guess they could have bumped up the flavor juuuust a smidgen)
- Apple crumb (filled with apple stuff and topped with brown sugar and other crumbs, idk, this wasn’t my favorite, I guess the filling was too saucy for my taste and the crumbs were too dry)
- Apple turnover (this was basically the same as the one above, only it was topped with a sweet glaze and a drizzle of caramel/chocolate I think, again not really my favorite, I think the filling could have been better)
- Old fashioned glazed (looks like they do the dry, flakey version for these, not my favorite, I prefer the moist dough)
- Spiced doughnut (not a fan of the dry/flakey taste and I guess I don’t like the spiced flavor)
- Marble twist (bleh, too dry)